We are currently looking to recruit an event staff consultant for our busy office in Shoreditch, east London.
The event staff consultant job descritpion is split into two key areas and the role offers a huge opportunity to drive new business and progress within the company.
If you’re looking for an exciting new challenge, please read on.
1.) Day-to-day management of your division: logistics, operations and schedule planning for a variety of event staff. (Hospitality; Security & Stewards; Promotional Staff; Conference & Exhibition teams.) You will be working and overseeing one permanent member of the division, the HR administrator. She looks after the recruitment, vetting and HR side of the division, but will assist you with the logistics and operations when necessary. It is your role to manage and collaborate with her where necessary.
2.) Business Development. A large proportion of your role is account managing your current clients and continually expanding and developing the Event Staff Division. A new business approach is essential and you will need to source new clients, speak to potential prospects and keep up-to date with the event industry on a daily basis.
• Account management: Keep in regular contact with your current clients; discover what events they are working on and how we can get involved. Have regular catch up meetings. Ensure we understand their requirements and expectations and are able to execute these well.
• Project Management: Continue to manage client and staff relationships from event concept through to completion of there events.
• Collaborate with the HR administrator to organise staff, work schedules, logistics (transport, accommodation etc), team briefings, training and correspondence.
• Be on call to arrange standby and replacement staff when needed.
• When necessary assist with the interviewing and vetting of new staff.
• Plan and manage your and the HR administrators time on a weekly basis
• New Business: Work on your own or with the Marketing Executive to execute regular new business campaigns across all our sectors. Keep in frequent contact with all prospects in regards to updates, promotions, staff profiles, skillsets etc.
Attend networking evenings, trade shows and award ceremonies to promote the division. Follow tender opportunities and keep up to date with the trade press.
These are the main duties and are a massive responsibility as we are trying to get the right team on board to grow the business. We are looking for someone to come on board and make this role their own. There is massive opportunity here for the right person.
Your working week is Monday – Friday, with office hours of 8.30am-6pm. (Generally you need to be in the office when the site staff are on jobs and when they are up and on the way to work so this may differ in busy periods.)
You will cover the division’s phones on weekends (with one weekend off per month) as well as covering division phones in evenings 3 weeks of the month.
Your holiday entitlement is 28 days per year inc bank holidays. If you are required to work a bank holiday, a days holiday will be given in lieu.
Skills and qualities:
A background or strong understanding of new business is paramount for this role. Previous experience in the event industry would be great advantage but not essential. Moreover we need a self-motivated individual who has the ability to multitask to a very high level. A passionate and focused quicker learner would strive in this role. You would need experience in dealing with staff on mass, multiple projects at one time, hitting sales targets, are all important to this role.
You must hold great communication skills and a good verbal, written command of the English language.
A good aptitude, attention to detail, commitment, patience, good initiative and drive are key to this role.
You must have good knowledge and practical use of Word, Excel and Outlook. Other knowledge of Microsoft programs are a bonus. A financial understanding with management experience will hold you in good stead for this position.
Basic £25k-35k depending on experience plus personal/division commission and annual bonuses.
If you feel that your experience fits the job description, please send your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com