Remember these handy tips:
- All staff working on events are customer facing therefore it is paramount you are always well presented. Scruffiness is not an option! We expect polished shoes, clean immaculate clothing and a groomed persona
- Smile and the world will smile with you. It costs nothing, it makes others happy and it is the difference between a good event and a great event. Bring your smiles with you folks!
- If working on an outdoor event, always prepare yourself for all weather conditions. Bring warm clothing, sun cream, a sun hat, smart comfortable shoes etc.
- You may need to take a packed lunch with you as some sites will not be close to a shop. If in doubt ask the event staff manager
- Always bring a bottle of water to site with you
- Before you leave for work, make sure you know exactly where the event is and have checked your travel options on TFL. You must arrive at your destination at least 15 minutes prior to your start time to meet your team
- Remember our working week is Monday to Sunday, so you could be working on any of these days
- You must respond to text messages from the event staff manager within 1 hour to confirm your place on an event. Anyone responding after this time will be put ‘on standby’
- Being ‘on standby’ means you are 90% likely to work on the event. As soon as we know a place is available we will contact you straight away to confirm the job
- If you can no longer be ‘on standby’ you must let the event staff manager know ASAP. If you do not inform us and cannot work the event, this will be seen as negligence and you may be removed from the event staff team
- If you have any questions about job details please contact the event staff manager
- Always let us know your availability each month. We work 24/7, 365 days a year, so keep us updated on your whereabouts, holidays, university timetable etc.
I have been with Pitmans People for just over a year now and I can hand on heart say I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it! The company as a whole is very well organised, inviting and abundantly professional where necessary. They really take care of the people they work with, whether that entails offering us work or treating us to drinks after the success of a big project. The work I have personally been able to take part in so far has varied…..and I always know that I’ll be able to pull my finger out and gain something from every experience. I have enjoyed Team Leading at the American Apparel rummage sale, Welfare access point control with the Olympics and catering, waitressing… and pretty much partying at the Oktober Fest!
Dom, Event Staff Member
Dom, Event Staff Member
Join us online:
Pitman’s People on Facebook:
Pitman’s People on Twitter
Useful links/telephone numbers:
Department of Work and Pensions
(to obtain National Insurance number) www.dwp.gov.uk
HM Revenue & Customs
(general tax enquiries) www.hmrc.gov.uk
Tube travel information
National Rail enquiries
Congestion Charge payment